How do you play pickleball? What’s a drop-shot? My dinks are too high! How do I hit a backhand groundstroke? I would like to play doubles better.
We have fun, dedicated and certified IFP and PPR Pickleball Pros ready to help you learn pickleball. Whether you prefer individual or group lessons, we have experience in teaching using game-based instruction. We can help you obtain your goals as a recreational or competitive player! Ready to get started? We post our current instruction schedule on Meetup and below. If you do not find what you need, please reachout to us.
2021 Spring & Summer
Two 1-hour lessons twice a week for three weeks–that’s 6 lessons for $60. Great value!
Newbies – 3:15 – 4:15 pm
Ready to learn the fastest growing sport in the U.S.! We will teach you the basics of pickleball to get you on the court and playing right away. We equip you with da best foundational skills and strategies that can help you be on the court confidently while keeping you safe and playing for longer. Whether you play with a small group or at a drop-in/open-play site, we will give you the tools for success. No prior racquet or paddle skills needed. Nets, balls, and paddles included. Limited to 8 students.
[Newbie Student Resources – password provided in class]
Beginners – 4:15 – 5:15 pm
You know the basics of pickleball and how to score, but you may have trouble keeping the ball low; serving and returning deep; getting to the non-volley line safely; making a drop-shot into the non-volley zone; and knowing where to place the ball and when. Or maybe you need help controlling your backhands, volleys and dinks. Sounds familiar? Not to worry! We got your back and can help you fix these and more. Balls and nets provided. Limited to 8 students.
[Beginner Student Resources – password provided in class]
Intermediate – 5:15 – 6:15 pm
This class will take the Intermediate player to the next level! You already rally consistently; have an offensive serve; comfortable volleying at the NVZ, and attempt dropshots from the baseline and transition/opportunity zone. Now you’re ready to spice it up! Add more spin and slice to your shots–whether it’s a dink or groundstroke. Learn how to see the pukas on the court. Hit with a lot more variety and force errors on your opponent. Balls and nets provided. Limited to 8 students.
[Intermediate Student Resources – password provided in class]
*Closed toe-shoes. Tennis or court shoes required. No running/walking shoes.
Classes fill-up fast. Confirmation of enrollment is on a first come first serve basis upon receipt of Registration Form, Release Form, and payment of class fee. Follow these steps below. Forms are fillable with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Complete the Registration form selecting preferred class level and date.
- Sign the Release form.
- Pay via Paypal below (it’s free to send and no account required) to email@example.com or send check payable to “Oahu Pickleball Association.”
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send completed registration, release form and payment to: Oahu Pickleball Association, PO Box 240929, Honolulu HI 96824
**Please contact us at 808-351-1567 or email email@example.com if you have any difficulty registering.
Newbies Lesson $60.00
Beginners Lesson $60.00
Intermediate Lesson $60.00
Please consider donating to our nonprofit to help further our work in the community. Click here to make your contribution. Mahalo!
2020 Spring & Fall
Due to COVID-19, all classes are currently suspended until further notice. We will resume instruction just as soon as we can. Meanwhile, visit USA Pickleball’s “Learning to Play” and our resources on ways to get started.
- Learn to Play Pickleball in 1 Hour! @ Kaimuki Community Park, 5:30-6:30PM, only offered on September 5 and 30, 2019 for a total of (2) classes. It can be done! You’ve heard the name “pickleball.” Your friend says you should play. You only have 1 hour to learn. This clinic is designed to get you playing the same night after 1 hour of instruction. Basic rules, technique, positioning, scoring and strategy are taught.
- Pickleball for Beginners @ Kaimuki Community Park, 5:30-6:30PM, every Monday from October 7 – 28, 2019 for a total of (4) classes.
- Pickleball for Intermediate @ Waialae Iki Community Park, 7:30-9AM every Tuesday with the exception of September 17, from September 10 – October 22, 2019 for a total of (6) classes.