Due to COVID-19, the following events are subject to change.
Get the latest scoop on "pukaball" in Hawai'i! Find out where to go for pickleball activities and events! Whether you are interested in playing with a pickleball pro, inviting a friend to a pickleball demonstration or supporting us while we exhibit pickleball--you'll find it all here!
- VIRTUAL EVENT- Sunday, October 4, 2020, 10AM-3PM: Children & Youth Day. Share your love of pickleball with our keiki (children) and 'opio (youth)! Join us as we celebrate Hawai'i Children & Youth Day! Founded by former State Senator, Suzanne Chun-Oakland and administered by Kama'aina Kids, this one day free fun, interactive and educational event is all about giving back to our kids. Stop by our virtual booth to get the latest on OPA's Juniors Program. Registration is required to attend this event. For registration and details, please visit: https://cyd2020.vfairs.com/ Checkout our volunteers and participants who made last year's exhibit a huge success!
- CANCELED due to COVID-19 - Friday-Sunday, October 9-11, 2020: Hawai'i State Pickleball Championships, Diamond Head Tennis Center, Honolulu. Come out pickleball strong for our 50th State tournament of the year! Singles, doubles and mixed--we got it all. Registration will open on July 19 at pickleballtournaments.com
- Friday -Sunday, December 11-13, 2020: Kahala Mall presents "The Very Merry Event!" This is indeed a Very Merry Event where non-profits such as ours receives 100% of the proceeds of each ticket sold! INSTANT SAVINGS at participating stores which more than pays for the $5 ticket AND wait for it...a chance to WIN a ONE-Night Stay at the Kahala Hotel & Resort PLUS a buffet breakfast for TWO at the Plumeria Beach House...PLUS a chance to WIN a $50 Kahala Mall Gift Card! For tickets, please contact Donna Ching, 808.351.1567 or Kevin Ching, 808.782.9056.
- Friday-Sunday, April 16-18, 2021: ANNUAL PICKLEBALL PALOOZA! April is National Pickleball Month! Celebrate THE fastest growing sport in the U.S. Come see why everyone is laughing and having the time of their lives. Join us for pickleball activities for all ages from "Learn to Play Pickleball in 1-Hour" to a 3-day tournament for 13+ singles, doubles and mixed! This is an event where your participation and having FUN is our #1 priority! We plan to top off the celebration with an outrageous party and fundraiser. Mark your calendars! This event occurs annually on the third weekend in April.
- May 1-7, 2021: USA Pickleball Association West Regional Tournament. Location to be announced. Click the link above for details on this National Qualifier. Registration opens January 9, 2021.
- June 1-6, 2021: Pacific Rim Pickleball Tournament, Keep this international event of aloha on your radar! More details will be made available once dates and venue are confirmed.
- CANCELED due to COVID-19 - Friday-Sunday, August 14-16, 2020: Hawai'i Senior Games Pickleball Qualifier, Diamond Head Tennis Center, Honolulu. Compete in this tournament for an opportunity to play in the 2021 National Senior Games Championships in Fort Lauderdale, Florida! Competition is open to 50+ year old women and men. Event competition is both age and skill from Division III 3.5 and below, Division II 4.0, and Division I 4.5 and above. Register here! For the event flyer, follow this link: https://oahupickleballassociation.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/2020-Hawaii-Senior-Games-Pickleball-Qualifier_registration-flyer_v2.pdf
- VIRTUAL EVENT! Saturday, March 28, 2020: Keiki Rainbow Run! Fundraising made FUN! Help raise money for physical education and nutrition programs for our kids. A 1.2 mile run at UH Manoa followed by a Healthy Keiki Fest, which included pickleball on the track! Register here by February 29th--tell a friend!
- Canceled due to COVID-19 - March, 2020: Hawai'i Association for Health,Physical Education, Recreation & Dance (HAHPERD) State Conference - Attention educators! OPA will be presenting pickleball at HAHPERD's conference this year. We hope you will be able to attend to learn about the health and social well-being benefits pickleball can give Hawai'i's students. We will demonstrate how pickleball can address the conference theme "Equality, Excellence, and School Connectedness." Due to COVID-19, new date will be announced.
- Saturday, November 16, 2019, 8AM-12NOON: Honolulu Club Pickleball Meetup. SWEET DEALS comes in all sizes especially if you're a fan of OPA! Register for this event and you'll see! You get a lesson taught by IPTPA & PPR Certified Instructors, Kevin and Donna Ching (that's a 2FOR!), door prizes, lunch AND a 1-week pass to the Honolulu Club valued at $175! Limited to the first 20 peeps! Entry fee is $10 for Honolulu Club members and $20 for non-members. Please complete the registration and waiver forms, and follow the instructions to sign-up. See you there!
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 7PM: "What is Pickleball Meetup" Palolo Neighborhood Board Meeting, Palolo Elementary School Cafeteria. Learn about the fastest growing sport in the U.S. and that includes Hawai'i! ALL pickleball players, especially who reside in Palolo-Kaimuki, are welcome to support our pickleball community. We are there as guests to inform on pickleball and to show our aloha. See the agenda for a list of speakers and other topics that will be addressed.