Kuleana – When we feel a sense of responsibility and out of that is a desire to act with intention.
Many hands make light work, and we sure can use your help in this fast-growing sport! Please see below for areas where we need support. Contact us today to let us know what you are interested in to make our pickleball community DA BEST-EVER!
- Open-Play. Would you like more courts for open-play? Maybe you know of a neighborhood that wants to start pickleball? Do you wish there were more sites to play with others on the weekend? Would you like open-play to start at an earlier or later time of the day or evening? Volunteer as a host or co-host for open-play! We will help you get started whether at a new or existing location. Our Meetup captures many of the existing open-play sites. See what’s there!
- Exhibitions & Demonstrations. We are often asked to exhibit or demonstrate how pickleball is played. We welcome enthusiastic and people-loving players to show just how much fun pickleball is for all ages.
- Tournaments. It takes dedicated and hard-working volunteers to pull-off a successful event as a tournament, and we hope we can count on you! We are looking for team-players who are nimble, energetic, and possess a positive “can-do” attitude. From setup to breakdown, we know we could match your skills, talents and time, so that we can make the most of your assistance. Be sure to visit our list of tournaments to get started.
- Referees. We are looking for individuals who can enforce the rules of pickleball impartially, fairly and consistently while maintaining control, and who treat players, line judges, other referees, and spectators with respect. We provide off and on-court training to prepare you to become a knowledgeable and competent referee.
- Saturday, May 14, 2022 – Training Session @ Kamiloiki Park in Hawaii Kai from 8am-4pm. Refreshments and snacks will be provided. Registration $20 pay via PayPal @email@example.com. Hosted by Hawaii Pickleball Oahu.
- Volunteer to referee at Hawaii Pacific Rim Pickleball Cup Tournament, June 16-19, 2022. Registration site is https://www.pickleballdesk.com/signup/292.
Ways to Give
- Friday -Sunday, December 13-15, 2019: Kahala Mall presents “The Very Merry Event!” This is indeed a Very Merry Event where non-profits such as ours receives 100% of the proceeds of each ticket sold! INSTANT SAVINGS at participating stores which more than pays for the $5 ticket AND wait for it…a chance to WIN a ONE-Night Stay at the Kahala Hotel & Resort PLUS a buffet breakfast for TWO at the Plumeria Beach House…PLUS a chance to WIN a $50 Kahala Mall Gift Card! For tickets, please contact Donna Ching, 808.351.1567 or Rudy Lopez, 808.232.4534.
- Give Aloha – September 1 – 30, 2019. We are excited to participate for the second consecutive year in Foodland’s Give Aloha matching gifts program. Give Aloha is a generous, thoughtful and community-sourced event that encourages people of Hawai’i to support local nonprofit organizations such as ours. Receive our first-edition Commemorative Pin for donations of $25 or more! This fun collectible pin is all yours to keep or trade with other players. More details here.
- Donate to Oahu Pickleball Association! We are a 501c3 non-profit and currently staffed by all volunteers. We would greatly appreciate your help to further our mission. Should you wish to support us in our work and would like to make a monetary contribution, please make your check payable to “Oahu Pickleball Association” and mail it to PO Box 240929, Honolulu HI 96824-0929. We gladly accept donations in-kind such as equipment and supplies. All donations receive a donation receipt letter. Mahalo!